1. Blocking social media website on PC
In the first method, the host file of Windows 10 can be used to block websites on any browser. Here’ a step-by-step guide:
- * Open the File Explorer and follow the path C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc
- * Right-click to open the host file with the help of Notepad.
- * Now, type 127.0.0.1, followed by the social media site name you want to block. So if you want to block Twitter, you need to type 127.0.0.1 www.twitter.com
- * Save the notepad file and the site will be blocked
2. Using Chrome Extension’s block site feature
This is one of the most preferred way to block any site. Block Site allows you to block any site without making registry changes. Here’s how you can block any socil media site using Chrome Extension’s block site feature:
- *Install the Block Site extension on the browser
- *Right-click on the icon of Block Site and select the tab ‘Options.’
- *Add the webpage you wish to block.
It is pertinent to mention here that if you want to unblock the sites you have blocked using block site feature, you can follow the same process, except instead of adding the webpage, click on the ‘X’ button to remove the site from the Block Sites’ list.
Disclaimer: This content is authored by an external agency. The views expressed here are that of the respective authors/ entities and do not represent the views of Economic Times (ET). ET does not guarantee, vouch for or endorse any of its contents nor is responsible for them in any manner whatsoever. Please take all steps necessary to ascertain that any information and content provided is correct, updated and verified. ET hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, relating to the report and any content therein.